Need to Call Home, Need to Buy or Use a Phone Card?
Calling home from JOIDES Resolution
The external telephone system onboard the JR routes through our contracted satellite system, Marlink.
It has a Texas A&M campus number, 1-979-845-3725
Public phones are located on
- Bridge Deck Planning area (by coffee machine)
The Zoom station in the User Room (Computer Room Lower Tween Deck).
- Tween Deck outside SIEM/IODP movie rooms (under the stair)
- Main Deck hallway behind crew change room
To call out dial 99 and wait ~10 seconds for a dial tone. Follow the instructions below.
To the U.S.
- All 979 area code numbers, and Toll-free area codes, are free. However, if you are calling TAMU Campus, do not dial the area code (979). Just dial the 7 digit number. If calling toll free, do not dial the 1, just the 800 number.
- All other area codes will require a phone card. Dial the 800****** number on the card (not the 1). Follow the prompt to enter the PIN #. Follow the prompt to make a call, then dial 1 + area code + number.
- All calls require a phone card. Dial the 800****** number on the card (not the 1). Follow the prompt to enter the PIN #. Follow the prompt to make a call, then dial 011 + Country Code + City/Area Code + Number
- NOTE: if your country code is something like 0039, only dial 39, leave zeros in the front out.
To obtain a phone card, purchase a $10 or $20 card from the Assistant Lab Officer (IODP Ship Store carries these). Currently we sell zuzume phone cards.
Any questions? Just ask a tech.